Saturday 19 October 2013

Post Three: The email she sent me after we handed them the Notice to Leave form on September 1st, 2013.

Dutiful Daughter
  
Received your eviction notice.   My Husband and I have not seen you for three months so how we can be making you both feel "literally" sick is beyond me. We are extremely happy and have a good social life and nice friends. We don't interfere with your life.

We have spent 3 years planning, building and settling here and now we have to get out so you can have a music room , or an office or maybe rent it to a friend?  Who knows and who cares really? We have spent $30,000 of our money on this and it all stays here with you.  There will be a $$$return  when you sell.  I just wanted  you  to get medical treatment for your alcohol abuse over the past 30 years.

You know very well I am on oxygen 24 hours a day and it will be a slow move. We have to find a flat, with no money and move and relocate. I have only been out of hospital not even a week.

I remember we were in Sydney in December seeing Brother 'S' and you said on the phone "take your time, there's no rush for you to get back, enjoy" .

Of course, you had people coming to pick up the furniture of mine you sold. How embarrassing that would have been had we arrived back unannounced. 

My legal advice is I can ask you for the value of my furniture (which I believe to be at least $5000). Should this be considered we would be able to move a lot faster.

I have photographs of all my furniture in my home and I'm sure no-one would think I would just give it up.   I may be old but I'm not senile. Far from it. I raised four children, worked as a nurse for 30 odd years and was never on a single parents pension. I looked after my father before he died with cancer and I bought a house for my mother to live in. She moved into a church unit of her own volition when it got too much for her and she made the decision, when she was 85, to move into a nursing home after suffering several falls.  It was I who was there when they both died and it was I who paid for my parents funerals. 

There was no inheritance from them and I did not expect one. I have never bludged on anyone in my life.

AB was yelling and threatening me in his garage on Saturday morning. I think it's called "chesting"..."I'm bigger than you" sort of male thing. This was before you presented the eviction notice in the unit.  I am concerned about my safety as he has yelled and screamed at me before, several times, calling me a "narcissistic, greedy. old bitch" . Then he ran over to the house to get you and you appeared with "L" as a witness and the eviction notice.

I can apply for an AVO but I don't want to do that as I know this lasts forever on someone's record. It is never expunged.

The second last time I entered your house was December 23rd, after realising my antique hat stand was not at the front door. It was then you told me you had sold  most of my furniture.    When confronted you said "you have no idea what I've sold".  I know I called you "a piece of work" and left, with Tony again screaming abuse at me.  There was a huge rainfall on January 27th and My Husband and I went over and tried to stop the rains from falling into your house. We moved furniture from the verandah to inside and grabbed towels to mop up the water.  You were both away at Bribie island.

You know I had bowel cancer and have COPD and Asthma and serious lung disease. You also know My Husband is 80 with a serious heart condition.  My Husband told you I was seriously ill last year and the doctor said to tell the rest of the family to expect the worst.  My Husband did so and you said "She' been dying for years".  I am concerned about the lies you are spreading but people are understanding of your condition.    I have many friends who know I did not give my furniture to you, only loaned it, as I also have a son who may have wanted some.

You had our Power of Attorney but this has now been revoked so you should note that fact now.

This letter says it all. I want recompense for my furniture, as mentioned above and I want my antique ice cream scoop, cupcake decorator and the book of daily bible sayings my Mother gave me, which I loaned to you.  You also have a large wine shaped crystal vase which my husband gave me. As for other things, jewellery, objects,  I care not. 

My Husband has many of his tools and bits and pieces in AB's "Bunnings" garage, which he wants to retrieve.

Please see your doctor and have treatment, stay away from the alcohol and take Vit. B

I don't blame you for anything, I just want you to get treatment.

Ever your Mum


No comments:

Post a Comment